£5,000 is available to help cover the wage and recruitment costs of taking on a Modern Apprentice made redundant by another employer. You’ll also add a valuable, skilled employee to your workforce.
- the apprentice has been made redundant within the oil and gas sector
- you take them on for at least 12 months
- £5,000 is awarded in a one off, lump sum
- the offer includes apprentices from the wider supply chain, including Modern Apprenticeship frameworks in engineering and engineering construction
- any employer in the public or private sector is eligible to apply.
A £2,000 Adopt an Apprentice award is available to help businesses recruit apprentices made redundant in other sectors.
Note, the financial incentive is deemed to be State Aid under European Commission Regulation (EU) No 1407/2013 of 18 December 2013. Businesses can only receive a maximum of €200,000 of such aid over a three year period.
How to apply
We’ll put you in contact with a local training provider who can make the application on your behalf. Find out more at Our Skillsforce or call Skills Development Scotland on 0800 783 6000.